Tales from the Vineyard

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Weed Wacker Whoops

Did you know that you could sever a half inch piece of pvc pipe with a weed wacker? Well somebody can, as my dh, Matthew found out this morning. I was tying up drip irrigation tubing. My brother Tony, was burning weeds with a propane torch while Matthew weed wacked under the vines.
"Uh-oh" says Matthew. "Somebody just cut this pipe right off with the weed wacker. Maybe you should look at this."
I raised an eyebrow at him and mumbled that I'd look at it after I finished my row.
Not more than 2 minutes later, he says, "Oops. Somebody did it again."
Sure enough that somebody had wacked another one. I made a mental note not to turn somebody loose with the propane torch.
No big deal though, Tony had the pipes repaired in no time and Matthew managed to keep somebody clear of any more pipe.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Apothecary Inn said…

    Ah yes, those dear husbands can not be trusted! Just the other day I asked Ryan to help me remove one of the pesky shrubs (left by the home's previous owners) in our rose garden so that I could plant more antique roses...he attacked the shrub's roots with a pick ax...and ended up tearing the (buried) drip irrigation line in HALF! *laughing* Thank goodness for duct tape - it really DOES fix everything!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home