Tales from the Vineyard

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Applegate Uncorked – July 16th 2006


The wineries of the Oregon Applegate Valley are getting together to put on a behind the scenes look at the wine business from the vine to the glass and everywhere in between. I am presenting a short program on vineyard management- an overview of what we do in the vineyard to coax the best flavors out of the vines.

It should be fun- we’ll lead folks through the vines- show them up close what the vines/grapes look like. We’ll demonstrate leaf pulling and shoot positioning and discuss the effects each have on the end product, their glass of wine. Some folks will get an opportunity to participate by actually working the vines.

I love the touching the plants stuff. I have that farming- digging in the dirt urge. I know not everyone is excited by fruit set or dotes over the grape tendrils. So I hope to be entertaining as well as informative. It’s times like this that I understand what a wine geek I am.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Rogue World said…

    Fun site. You should post some pcitures of your vintner lecture! Enjoying your wines - Rory

     

Post a Comment

<< Home